Michael Jackson Who Is It
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

GRAMMY AWARDS 1984

Andare in basso

GRAMMY AWARDS 1984 Empty GRAMMY AWARDS 1984

Messaggio Da Michaelforever Mar Ott 18, 2011 12:55 pm

GRAMMY AWARDS (February 28,1984)

On February 28, 1984, Michael Jackson wins a total of 8 awards at the 26th Annual Grammy Awards at Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, California. On receiving the Grammy award for ‘Album Of The Year’ – ‘Thriller’ – Jackson declares: “This is a great honor, I’m very happy. I’d like to thank Epic Records – it’s the best record company in the world and the best – the best President of any record company, walter Yetnikoff, come up here, Walter, where are ya? Walter Yetnikoff, ladies and gentlemen. […] I – I also would like to say something very important that some people are entertainers, some people are great entertainers, some people are followers and some people make the path and are pioneers. I’d like to say Jackie Wilson was a wonderful entertainer. He’s not with us anymore [voice slightly trailed off], but Jackie, where you are, I’d like to say I love and thank you so much. […] This is one of my best friends in the world, I love Quincy Jones and he’s a wonderful producer and he’s a wonderful person.” On winning the Producer Of The Year Grammy Award with Quincy Jones, he briefly states: “I don’t wanna take up much time, I just wanna say thank you and I love you all.” On accepting the "Best Recording For Children" Grammy award, he declares: "Of all the awards I’ve got now, I’m most proud of this one, honestly. Because I think children are a great inspiration and this album is not [only] for children, it’s for everyone. And I’m so happy and I’m so proud..And I’ll just say thank you so much." He makes the following speech on accepting the award for ‘Best Pop Vocal Performance’ – ‘Thriller’: “Thank you. Thank you. When something like – when something like this happens, you want those who are dear to you up here with ya. I’d like to ask for my sisters, La Toya and Janet, please come up. My sister, Janet, as well, come up. First of all, I’d like to thank God, who is – Rebbie, I’d like to have you up here too, you know -, also I’d like to thank my mother and father who is – who are with us all the way. My mother, she’s very shy, she’s like me, she won’t come up. [laughs mildly]. [Here is] my other sister. I have three sisters. Also, I’d like to thank all my brothers who I love very dearly, all of – including Jermaine. I forgot to thank Steven Spielberg on the E.T. album [award], I love him very much, and I also forgot to thank Quincy’s wife – Peggy Jones, she was a great help on the E.T. album. I’ve made a deal with myself - if I win more – one more award, which is this award, which is 7th, which is a record, I would take off my glasses. [smiles] You know, I - I don’t wanna take them off, really, but… [fans screaming] [to his approving sisters:] Should I take them off? Okay. Well, Katherine Hepburn, who is a dear friend of mine, she told me I should and I’m doing it for her, okay? And the girl – and the girls in the balcony. [takes them off, gets embarrassed] Thank you.” ‘Beat It’ wins the ‘Record Of The Year’ award. “I love all the girls in the balcony. [smiles] Again, thank you, my mother and father, thank you, Epic Records Promotion Department, Walter Yetnikoff, thanks, the disc-jokeys, for playing the records. Thanks to the public. I love you all. Thank you.” Producer Quincy Jones reads his speech, after which Jackson adds: “I’d like to thank Lionel Richie, who is here tonight, and he’s a wonderful person and a wonderful songwriter. I’ve been knowing him ever since I was 10 years old. Also, I’d like to thank again Quincy Jones and the fans in the balcony.”, says the entertainer. That night, he also wins the ‘Best Male Rock Vocal Performance’ award for ‘Beat It’, the ‘Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for ‘Billie Jean’ and the ‘Best Video Album’ award for ‘Thriller’.

GRAMMY AWARDS (28 Febbraio 1984)

Il 28 febbraio 1984 Michael Jackson si aggiudica un totale di 8 premi al 26° Annual Grammy Awards presso lo Shrine Auditorium di Los Angeles, California.
Nel ricevere il premio Grammy per "Album Of The Year" - "Thriller", Jackson dichiara: "Questo è un grande onore, io sono molto felice. Vorrei ringraziare la Epic Records, è la casa discografica migliore del mondo, ed il miglior Presidente di ogni casa discografica è Walter Yetnikoff, vieni qui, Walter, dove sei? Walter Yetnikoff, signore e signori. Vorrei anche dire qualcosa di molto importante, cioè che alcune persone sono intrattenitori, alcune persone sono grandi artisti, alcune persone sono seguaci ed alcune persone segnano il percorso e sono pionieri. Mi piacerebbe dire di Jackie Wilson che era un intrattenitore meraviglioso. Lui non è più con noi, ma Jackie, dovunque sei, mi piacerebbe dire che ti voglio bene e ti ringrazio tanto. Questo invece è uno dei miei migliori amici nel mondo, amo Quincy Jones e lui è un produttore meraviglioso, una persona meravigliosa".
Per la conquista del "Producer of the Year Award" con Quincy Jones, afferma brevemente: "Io non voglio prendere molto tempo, voglio solo dire grazie e vi amo tutti".
Accettando il "Best Recording For Children" dichiara: "Di tutti i premi che ho adesso, sono davvero molto orgoglioso di questo, onestamente...perché credo che i bambini siano una grande ispirazione e questo album non è solo per i bambini...è per tutti. E io sono così felice e così orgoglioso...mi limiterò a dire grazie".
Invece accettando il premio per il "Best Pop Vocal Performance" - "Thriller": "Grazie. Grazie. Quando qualcosa di simile, quando qualcosa di simile accade, vuoi coloro che ti sono cari qui con te. Vorrei chiedere alle mie sorelle, La Toya e Janet, di venire sul palco. Mia sorella, Janet, vieni su. Prima di tutto vorrei ringraziare Dio, Rebbie, mi piacerebbe averti qui, sai...inoltre vorrei ringraziare mia madre e mio padre che sono stati con noi in tutto il percorso. Mia madre, lei è molto timida, lei è come me, ma lei non verrà. Questa è l'altra mia sorella. Ho tre sorelle. Inoltre, vorrei ringraziare tutti i miei fratelli che amo molto, tutti compreso Jermaine. Ho dimenticato di ringraziare Steven Spielberg per E.T...e ho anche dimenticato di ringraziare la moglie di Quincy, Peggy Jones, è stata di grande aiuto per ET. Ho fatto un patto con me stesso, se avessi vinto un altro premio, che è questo, mi sarei tolto gli occhiali. Io non vorrei davvero ma... devo toglierli? Okay. Beh, Katherine Hepburn, che è una mia cara amica, mi ha detto che dovrei e lo sto facendo per lei, va bene? E la ragazza...le ragazze in balcone".
per "Beat It" vince il "Record Of The Year" e dice: "Amo tutte le ragazze in balcone...ancora una volta, grazie a mia madre e mio padre, vi ringrazio, l' ufficio promozione della Epic Records, Walter Yetnikoff, grazie, i DJs. Grazie al pubblico. Vi amo tutti".
Quincy Jones legge il suo discorso, ed MJ dopo aggiunge: "Vorrei ringraziare Lionel Richie, che è qui stasera, lui è una persona meravigliosa ed un cantautore meraviglioso. Lo seguo da quando avevo 10 anni. Inoltre, vorrei ringraziare ancora una volta Quincy Jones e le ragazze in balcone"..dice l'artista.
Quella notte vince anche "Best Male Rock Vocal Performance" per "Beat It", il "Best Male R & B Vocal Performance" per Billie Jean e "Best Video Album" per "Thriller".

GRAMMY AWARDS 1984 Michaeljackson1984gramm
Michaelforever
Michaelforever
Admin
Admin

https://michaeljacksonwhois.forumattivo.com

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili