Michael Jackson Who Is It
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

JAMES DELISCO FA UN TRIBUTO AD MJ!!

Andare in basso

JAMES DELISCO FA UN TRIBUTO AD MJ!! Empty JAMES DELISCO FA UN TRIBUTO AD MJ!!

Messaggio Da szwaby82 Sab Nov 05, 2011 11:13 pm

mArTy!! Inviato: 01 Ago 2011 10:27 am

Music of Michael Jackson coming for a thriller of an ending to Grand Rapids Symphony Picnic Pops

James Delisco grew up in the school of hard knocks.
Growing up in the foster care system on the north side of Jacksonville, Fla., he recalls he wasn’t well cared for.
But when he was in fourth grade, Delisco was treated to a field trip to the Gator Bowl.
“Lo and behold, it was a Michael Jackson concert,” he said.
From 100 feet away, Delisco watched the “King of Pop” sing and dance his way through songs such as “Human Nature” during Jackson’s 1984 Victory Tour.
“I cried for the first time in my life,” recalled Delisco, 39. “I said to myself, ‘I’m going to do this someday.’”
That someday, as far as West Michigan is concerned, is Thursday and Friday, when Delisco joins the Grand Rapids Symphony for “The Music of Michael Jackson,” ending the 2011 Picnic Pops with a special event.
That wasn’t Delisco’s first taste of Jackson’s songs. He learned Jackson’s music from his uncle’s records, sang his first song — “Ben” — in public when he was 9, and grew up watching Jackson’s videos and covering his bedroom walls with posters and magazine pictures.
“I went to the school of Michael Jackson,” he said.
Delisco also enrolled in Douglas Anderson School of the Arts in eighth grade, went to college at Jacksonville University and worked at Disney World and Orlando Studios before moving to New York City.
Within three months he landed a part on Broadway as James in “Smokey Joe’s Cafe.”
In 2005, Delisco appeared in E! Network’s reality series “The Entertainer,” hosted by Wayne Newton, competing with nine other contestants to win a $1 million production contract to perform for a year in Las Vegas.
As Judas Iscariot, he starred in the national tour of “Jesus Christ Superstar” until 2009, sharing a stage with Ted Neely, who played Jesus in the 1972 film.
This week brings Delisco to West Michigan in the tribute to Jackson’s music, arranged and conducted by Brent Havens, who has appeared previously with the Grand Rapids Symphony in separate symphonic shows featuring the music of Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd and, most recently, the Eagles in February 2009.
“It’s definitely a tribute,” he said. “I don’t impersonate Michael.”
Music from Jackson’s childhood with the Jackson 5 — “ABC,” “I’ll Be There” and others are part of the show — plus music from his solo career when Jackson became the most successful entertainer of all time, as determined by the Guiness Book of World Records, and recorded the best-selling album of all time with 1982’s “Thriller.”
Delisco said he is not surprised with the reaction to Jackson’s music.
“It’s something that’s unexplainable,” he said. “There’s just something about his music. It feels good. It just makes you feel good.”
Delisco, who performs with a rhythm section and backup vocalists along with the orchestra, first did the Michael Jackson show in June 2010 with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra a year after Jackson’s death from cardiac arrest.
“When he passed away, I was in shock. I didn’t cry; I was in shock,” Delisco recalled. “I was in denial.”
But he believes Jackson’s music will live on.
“All the scandal that went down in his life, that really put a rift in his career,” he said. “But I believe people 100 years from now will still be talking about Michael Jackson.”
Delisco was in Columbus, Ohio, on June 25, the second anniversary of Jackson’s death.
“We were going to celebrate,” he said. “Because Michael wanted us to have fun with his music.”

La musica di Michael Jackson arriva come un finale thriller del Grand Rapids Symphony Pops

James Delisco è cresciuto alla scuola dei duri.
E' cresciuto nel sistema di affidamento a nord di Jacksonville, in Florida, ricorda che non era ben accudito.
Ma quando era in quarta elementare, Delisco è stato portato ad una gita al Gator Bowl.
"Era un concerto di Michael Jackson" ha detto.
Da 100 metri di distanza Delisco ha guardato il "Re del Pop" cantare e ballare canzoni come "Human Nature" durante il Victory Tour dei frateli Jackson.
"Ho pianto per la prima volta nella mia vita", ricorda Delisco, 39 anni. "Mi sono detto, 'ho intenzione di farlo anche io un giorno'".
Quel giorno sarà Giovedi e Venerdì, quando Delisco parteciperà al Grand Rapids Simphony per "La musica di Michael Jackson," al termine del Picnic pops.
Non è la prima volta per Delisco con le canzoni di Michael Jackson. Ha imparato la musica di Jackson dai dischi di suo zio, ha cantato la sua prima canzone "Ben" in pubblico all'età di 9 anni, ed è cresciuto guardando i video di Jackson, la sua camera da letto è piena di poster ed immagini di riviste.
"Sono andato alla scuola di Michael Jackson", ha detto.
Delisco si è anche iscritto alla scuola Douglas Anderson of the Arts, è andato al college alla Jacksonville University ed ha lavorato al Disney World Studios di Orlando prima di trasferirsi a New York.
Entro tre mesi ha ottenuto un ruolo a Broadway come James in "Cafe Smokey Joe".
Nel 2005 Delisco è apparso su E! "The Entertainer", ospitato da Wayne Newton, in competizione di nove altri concorrenti per vincere un contratto da un milione di dollari per un lavoro a Las Vegas.
Nella parte di Giuda Iscariota, ha recitato nel tour nazionale di "Jesus Christ Superstar" fino al 2009, ed ha condiviso il palco con Ted Neely, che ha interpretato Gesù nel film del 1972.
Questa settimana Delisco sarà a West Michigan per un tributo alla musica di Jackson, arrangiato e diretto da Havens Brent, che ha già fatto suno spettacolo sui Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd e, più recentemente, The Eagles nel febbraio 2009.
"E' sicuramente un tributo" ha detto. "Io non impersono Michael".
Ci sarà la musica dell' infanzia di Jackson,"ABC", "I'll be there", e altri successi della sua carriera da solista, quando Jackson è diventato l'artista di maggior successo di tutti i tempi, come determinato dal Guinness book of Records, ed ha registrato l'album più venduto di tutti i tempi "Thriller".
Delisco detto che non è sorpreso con la reazione alla musica di Jackson.
"E' qualcosa di inspiegabile" ha detto. "C'è qualcosa della sua musica che fa sentire bene".
Delisco, che si esibisce con una sezione ritmica di backup con l'orchestra, ha fatto uno spettacolo nel mese di giugno 2010 con l'Orchestra Sinfonica di Alabama, un anno dopo la morte di Jackson, che avvenne per arresto cardiaco.
"Quando morì io ero in stato di shock. Non ho pianto, ero in stato di shock", ha ricordato Delisco. "Ero in stato di negazione".
Ma crede che la musica di Michael Jackson continuerà a vivere.
"Tutto lo scandalo chec'è stato nella sua vita ha davvero creato una spaccatura nella sua carriera" ha detto. "Ma credo che la gente tra 100 anni sarà parlerà ancora di Michael Jackson".
Delisco è stato a Columbus, Ohio, il 25 giugno, nel secondo anniversario della morte di Jackson.
"Stavamo andando a festeggiare", ha detto. "Perché Michael voleva che divertirsi con la sua musica".

( http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/07/music_of_michael_jackson_comin.html )
szwaby82
szwaby82

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili