Michael Jackson Who Is It
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

UNCF AT SHARATON HOTEL

Andare in basso

UNCF AT SHARATON HOTEL Empty UNCF AT SHARATON HOTEL

Messaggio Da szwaby82 Mar Ott 18, 2011 1:02 pm

UNCF AT SHARATON HOTEL (March 1, 1988)

On March 1, 1988, overwhelmed and awed by the outpouring of accolades he receives at the Sheraton Hotel in New York City, N.Y., where he has donated all proceeds from a concert there to the UNCF and has been recompensed with an honorary degree and award for his charitable contributions, he shyly declares: “I can’t believe I’m a little nervous, but I really am embarrassed. I appreciate everybody coming. First, I do want to thank God, who makes everything possible. Then, my dear mother and father who are in the audience, thank you for all you have done for me. I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.” Afterwards, he goes on with a special praise for the UNCF: "I would like to say this about the United Negro College Fund. An education opens a person's mind to the entire world, and there is nothing more important than to make sure everyone has the opportunity for an education. To want to learn, to have the capacity to learn and not to be able to is a tragedy. I am honored to be associated with an evening that says this will never happen. Thank you. I love you all." The superstar then reveals to “Ebony” why he has been and still is involved in charitable and humanitarian deeds: “I feel very fortunate to have been blessed with recognition for my efforts. This recognition also brings with it a responsibility to one’s admirers throughout the world. Performers should always serve as role models who set examples for young people.”.

UNCF ALLO SHARATON HOTEL (1 Marzo 1988)

Il 1° marzo 1988, travolto e intimorito dalla quantità di riconoscimenti che riceve presso l' Hotel Sheraton di New York City, dove ha donato tutti i proventi di un concerto a UNCF, MJ è stato ricompensato con la laurea honoris causa per i suoi contributi di beneficenza, dichiara timidamente: "Non posso credere di essere nervoso, ma sono davvero in imbarazzo. Apprezzo tutti. In primo luogo, voglio ringraziare Dio, che rende tutto possibile. Allora, la mia cara madre e mio padre che sono in mezzo al pubblico, li ringrazio per tutto quello che hanno fatto per me. Lo apprezzo con tutto il cuore". In seguito, egli prosegue, con una lode speciale per UNCF: "Mi piacerebbe dire questo circa la United Negro College Fund, è una formazione che apre la mente di una persona al mondo intero, e non c'è nulla di più importante per assicurarsi che ognuno abbia la possibilità di una educazione. Per quelli che vogliono imparare, avere la capacità di imparare e di non essere in grado di farlo è una tragedia. Sono onorato di essere associato a una serata che dice che questo non accadrà mai. Grazie. Vi amo tutti". La superstar rivela quindi a "Ebony" perché è stato ed è tuttora coinvolto in opere caritatevoli e umanitarie: "Mi sento molto fortunato ad avere avuto la fortuna di un riconoscimento per i miei sforzi. Questo riconoscimento porta con sé anche la responsabilità degli ammiratori di tutto il mondo. Gli artisti devono sempre servire da modelli di ruolo per essere buoni esempi per i giovani".

UNCF AT SHARATON HOTEL Theunitednegrocollegefu
szwaby82
szwaby82

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili