Michael Jackson Who Is It
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

I procuratori vogliono limitare i testimoni

Andare in basso

I procuratori vogliono limitare i testimoni Empty I procuratori vogliono limitare i testimoni

Messaggio Da Michaelforever Gio Ott 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Michaelforever Inviato: 29 Ago 2011 08:27 pm

Prosecutors want limits on witnesses for Michael Jackson's doctor

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Prosecutors want the judge in the trial of Michael Jackson's last doctor to exclude or limit the testimony of 26 witnesses Dr. Conrad Murray's defense lawyers said they might call.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor will hear their arguments Monday afternoon, just over a week before jury selection in the trial is set to start.

Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter for the June 25, 2009 death of Jackson, who would have turned 53 Monday.

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren filed a motion Friday arguing that a detective who investigated sexual molestation allegations against Jackson in 2003 should not be allowed to take the stand in Murray's trial.

"The current case should focus on the events surrounding the medical care provided to Michael Jackson by Conrad Murray," the prosecutor wrote. "The case should not be allowed to deteriorate into an unfair, unwarranted, and irrelevant attack on the deceased victim."

Jackson was acquitted on the charges after a trial in Santa Barbara County, California.

Prosecutors also want the testimony of several doctors who treated Jackson in his last months to be limited or excluded completely.

"None of these individuals was caring for Michael Jackson on the night of June 24, 2009, or the day of June 25, 2009, and none of these doctors was present with Michael Jackson when he died of acute propofol intoxication," the prosecution said.

Judge Pastor has indicated he would keep the trial limited to what happened the last several days of Jackson's life. His decisions on the prosecution's request to limit these witnesses should indicate how tightly the judge will limit the defense arguments.

Other witnesses the defense has said it wanted to call but the prosecutors want to exclude include John Branca, the lawyer who became executor of Jackson's estate after his death.

Prosecutors are demanding that defense lawyers, who have not interviewed Branca, explain why his testimony would be relevant to the Murray case.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin on September 8, with opening statements expected to be heard on September 27. Lawyers estimate the trial will conclude in early November.

If convicted on the involuntary manslaughter charge, Murray could face up to four years in prison.

I procuratori vogliono limitare i testimoni per il medico di Michael Jackson

I procuratori questo Lunedi pomeriggio hanno presentato una mozione, vogliono che il giudice nel processo contro il medico di MJ escludino o limitino la deposizione di 26 testimoni, che la difesa di Murray potrebbe chiamare sul banco dei testimoni.

Tra questi testimoni figurano un detective che nel 2003 indagò sulle accuse di molestie sessuali del cantante.

Il Viceprocuratore David Walgren scrive nel mandato "Il processo dovrebbe concentrarsi sulle cure mediche che ha fornito il medico al cantante e non un attacco ingiusto, ingiustificato, e irrilevante sulla vittima deceduta."

I procuratori vogliono anche che la testimonianza di diversi medici che hanno curato Jackson nei suoi ultimi mesi di essere sia limitata o esclusa del tutto.

"Nessuno di questi individui si prendeva cura di Michael Jackson nella notte del 24 giugno 2009, o il giorno del 25 giugno 2009, e nessuno di questi medici era presente con Michael Jackson quando è morto per intossicazione acuta da Propofol".

Pastor ha detto che il processo sarà limitato agli ultimi giorni di vita del cantante, quindi il giudice valuterà le diverse limitazioni argomentate della difesa.

Altri testimoni che i procuratori vorrebbero escludere includono John Branca, l'avvocato che è diventato esecutore testamentario di Jackson dopo la sua morte.
I pubblici ministeri chiedono che gli avvocati della difesa, che non hanno intervistato Branca, spiegano perché la sua testimonianza sarebbe pertinente al caso Murray.

La Selezione della giuria è programmata per iniziare l'8 settembre, con apertura dichiarazioni per il 27 settembre.
Gli avvocati stimano il processo si concluderà all'inizio di novembre.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/29/california.conrad.murray.hearing/
Michaelforever
Michaelforever
Admin
Admin

https://michaeljacksonwhois.forumattivo.com

Torna in alto Andare in basso

- Argomenti simili